Sunday, May 22, 2011

Biggest Loser...KEVIN!

I've never been a blogger and don't know if anyone will take the time to read this. However, I was encouraged by a friend to start sharing so I hope you feel it is worthy of your time.

Congratulations to Kevin, my husband, who just won a Biggest Loser contest at work. For 30 days he committed to getting on the Take Shape for Life program (http://www.getfit2thrive.tsfl.com/) and his results are staggering. He has lost over 26 lbs. & 11.5 inches in just one month!!! The exciting thing for me, his health coach, was that I got to watch his physical and mental transformation as he acquired a healthy, thin mind as well as body. Neither of us are fans of diets as we find most are temporary solutions. My commitment with Getting Fit to Thrive is that we come to the place of no longer just surviving, but living each day as if it truly has meaning. I want to live in the present as much as possible! I'm not sure where I found this quote, but I keep it on my fridge and refer to it almost daily.
A New Day
"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it...or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it! When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, and not loss; good, and not evil; success, and not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it."

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Kevin and his great coach, you! :) I love the quote - I'm going to copy that down. :)

    ReplyDelete